NIOS in India Upgrades to MERP07 November 2012
Etere MERP has been selected by NIOS for scheduling, playout, transcoding workflow solutions
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November, 1989 as an autonomous organization in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary, Senior Secondary and Elementary level Courses. It’s the largest open schooling system in the world! The NIOS’ challenge is to create a TV channel useful for students/teachers. They need a playout system to allow everyone to use a real playout system during their studies. Furthermore, the web integration has been added for allowing the use in all NIOS premises. All information available anywhere and by all!
Etere manages all the scheduling, ingest, playout, transcoding system for NIOS. It designs a comprehensive range of Etere solutions, in details:
• Etere TV Automation Main & Clone modules which broadcast the entire TV channel programming alongside with the corresponding secondary events such as audio/video router switching, crawls and logos through a fully redundant architecture. Etere TV Automation engines are installed in two different PCs, they synchronously control the playout of the same playlist from the decoders of 2 video servers. The best affordability for NIOS!
• Etere Executive Editor, NIOS’ operators can create and manage daily scheduling remotely using it. This tool is useful to create schedules in advance including secondary events; it permits last-minute changes directly on running schedules
• Etere STMan uses a TCP/IP connection to manage all the secondary events associated to scheduling in real-time
• Etere NLE allows contents to be uploaded from the NLE system in various formats once uploaded Etere Workflow convert them to a format suitable for broadcast and then move them to the video servers
• Media files are transferred among video servers (main and backup) according to the channel rules set in the workflow designed by the customer.
Daniele Apolloni, Etere RIA sales, said ‘This success is a confirmation of Etere presence in India, we are able to satisfy all NIOS needs and now all users can be reached all the information through a dedicated TV channel. Our solutions are designed to support them in a simple and affordable way.”
The system successfully controls the following equipments across the entire the facility:
• 2 Seachange MSV video servers
• 1 XDCam decks for ingest
• 1 Audio/Video router
• 1 CG/Titler driver
• 6 workstations
Etere is a consistent system!