Etere Green Policy11 February 2010
Etere recognizes that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local, regional and global environment. We are committed to reducing any harmful effects on the environment and promoting the understanding of sustainability in this context.
Etere wish to be a good corporate citizen and to reduce landfill by recycling wherever possible. Our goal is to minimize waste and pollution and to act in a manner that creditably sustains our environment. Etere is committed to protecting our environment. Our practices respect all municipal, provincial/territorial and federal environment legislation, and the organization has never been convicted of an environmental offence. It is the company’s mandate to make all reasonable efforts to reduce waste. Etere since 2002 adopts a program to aid environment based on a system centre to control the power on and the power off computers inside it’s headquarter.Thanks to this system Etere achieves a success saving every year 20% of electrical energy and 25% of gas for heating saving 22.5% of carbon dioxide emissions.
Besides Etere develops a software to control of the heating and of the lighting in order to manage all the resources at its best. This progressive Etere structure is basically composed on detailed software able to centralizing PC lives.
Energy and water saving:
- Etere gives priority to energy savings rated photocopiers and laser printers with duplex capability, and to plain-paper fax machines.
- Turn off lights when not in use, to help energy saving Etere wall offices are totally glass material
- Etere regularly check for leaky taps, pipes and toilets and repair immediately
- Etere renews its roof choosing fire resistant materials
- Etere renovated its Technical Support offices thinking to energy saving adopting also into those offices a totally glass wall.- Etere thinks to thermal environment, dividing workplace area constantly used from the warehouse.
- Etere provides to a separate collection of waste and recycling reusable materials
Health and safety:
- Etere enforce a ‘no smoking’ policy; ensure adequate air circulation; invest in daylight lighting
Etere aim is meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs; our goal is prevent and reduce pollution through established environmental objectives, we will continually improve environmental management activities to promote conservation of natural resources.